Join Us for the 2019 Celebration for Our Healthy Future
NEW VENUE: Clarion Hotel, 1230 Congress St, Portland, Maine, 04102.
Because of widespread power outages, we are moving the Celebration for Our Healthy Future to the Clarion Hotel in Portland. Apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for understanding.
Join us to feel hopeful and inspired as we honor extraordinary leadership for health and justice.
Celebration for Our Healthy Future
Thursday, October 17
Yummy food, drink, music at a
beautiful venue, with free parking
1230 Congress Street
At this not-to-be-missed Celebration, internationally recognized environmental justice leader, Dr. Mustafa Santiago Ali, the winner of this year's prestigious Frank Hatch Environmental Health Leadership Award, will inspire you.
Now vice president of Environmental Justice, Climate, and Community Revitalization for the National Wildlife Federation, he is a founder of the Office of Environmental Justice at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). After Donald Trump's appointment of then-EPA administrator Scott Pruitt, Dr. Ali's powerful resignation letter made headlines worldwide.
At the Celebration, he'll talk about the intersection of climate work, toxic chemical pollution, and justice for our most vulnerable communities.
And you'll meet and hear from our 2019 Leadership Award Winners:
- Frank Hatch Environmental Health Leader: Dr. Ali, for a career leading, inside and outside of government, for environmental health and justice.
- Bettie Kettell Outstanding Health Professional: Dr. Lani Graham, medical doctor, public health official, and outspoken advocate to prevent chemicals from harming children.
- Grassroots Leader: Fred Stone, Maine dairy farmer unexpectedly plunged into fighting toxic contamination of farmland.
- Legislative Leaders: Rep. Jessica Fay (D-Raymond), Sen. Robert Foley (R-York), and Rep. Ryan Fecteau (D-Biddeford), leading for safe food and good green jobs.
- Sustainable Business Leader: Biofine Developments Northeast Inc., a leader of the emerging climate-friendly bioeconomy.
This year, you’ll help celebrate hard-fought victories to expose and take action on alarming threats to public health.
Don’t miss this important evening, Thursday, October 17.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Maine People's Alliance
Toxics Action Center
Sierra Club Maine
Maine Public Health Association
Maine Council of Churches